This morning I got a little creative with my oatmeal! I give you… Banana Nut Bread Oatmeal!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp raisins (added towards the end of cooking so they plump up)
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- Dash cinnamon
- 1 tsp brown sugar (as topping)
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans, toasted in a dry skillet over medium heat until you can smell them, 2-3 minutes (don’t overcook! Nuts burn fast!)
This was delicious and so filling! It’s been hours and I’m still not hungry! Walnuts would have made for a more traditional banana nut bread taste, I just prefer pecans to walnuts.
I had a very successful Farmer’s Market trip this morning, minus the fact that my favorite mushroom sellers weren’t there! I think mushroom season may be ending :(.
- Multi-colored eggs
- Brussels sprouts
- Assorted apples and pears
- Salad greens
- Itty-bitty butternut squash
Ok, time to head to TJ’s. Enjoy this warm (comparatively) day!